Saturday, February 6, 2010

Under the big top - Mexican style



Its always exciting when the circus comes to town, especially when they have tigers. Back home animal acts are banned. I haven't seen a circus act with tigers in years and well - I still haven't.

As I sat under the big top waiting for the show to start I think I was just as excited as all the Mexican children who waited anxiously with me. All I could think about was how cool it would be to see a tiger jumping through a fiery hoop like I did when I was a kid. But alas this was not to be. As I found out later, the tiger in the cage outside the bigtop was just a ploy to entice people to buy a ticket and watch the show.

So the tigers didn't jump through any hoops, but a zebra, a kangaroo and few misbehaving ponies did make an appearance. At one point one of the ponies jumped out of the ring and came within a few feet of us. Thank god they didn't have a tiger act! Or I may not be here today to tell this story.

The clowns (I use the term lightly) got a few laughs. The show was all in Spanish so we had no idea what they were saying, for all I know they were making fun of the two confused gringos in the front row.



As you can see from the video it was an odd little circus. For a low budget operation I think they did ok. Hey I didn't get run over by a zebra or eaten by a tiger, that's gotta count for something. ;)

Adina

No comments:

Post a Comment